Western NC Textile Study Group
Investigating the cultural and historical aspects of textiles
The Textile Study Group is a free lecture series open to the public.
All are welcome.
- January 18 - Sally Biggers - The Art and History of Hand Made Laces
- February 15 - Sarah Chester and Libby O'Bryan - Carolina Textile District
- March 15 Bhakti Ziek - "Lexicon"
- April 19 - Tommye Scanlin - The Nature of Things
- May 17 - Anne Battram - ‘Slipcovers – Old and New’ and ‘Threads of Feeling’
- June 21 - Leigh Anne Hilbert - Overlapping Disciplines: Being A Jane of All Trades
- July 26 - Judy Levine - A Life in Color
- August 16 - Martha Owen - From Sleeping Beauty to the Spinning Mule
- September 20 - Heather Hietala - A Journey of Exploration
- October 25 - Barbara Zaretsky - Pattern and the Subconscious: Design Path to Cloth
- November 15 - Debra Frasier - Cloth and the Picture Book: Storytelling with Textile Techniques
- December 21 - Catharine Ellis - The History of the World in Textile Objects
Western North Carolina's Textile Study Group is grateful for the support of The Center for Craft Creativity and Design, which hosts our meetings.
The Center for Craft, Creativity and Design
67 Broadway St.